Health Equity Research
We foster a community of health equity scholars who conduct trans-disciplinary research to understand the mechanisms and potential solutions to persistent health inequities and disparities facing our communities.
- To ensure scientific excellence and cutting-edge knowledge on health inequities and disparities
- To conduct innovative extramural-funded research devoted to understanding and improving health inequalities and disparities
- To conduct research into the translation and use of science in practice
- To conduct evaluation research of Health equity interventions and approaches relevant for program success
- To synthesize and disseminate research findings for public as well as professional audience.
The Health Equity Institute engages in research, practice and policy for a just and healthy society